When it is easy to pop a pill, many people still fail to comply with their medication intakes. Non-compliance makes their symptoms worse or makes the medication ineffective. The reasons people find it hard to adhere to are forgetfulness, medication illiteracy, poor labeling instructions, lack of trust in medication, and more.
As providers of home care services in Broward County, Florida, here are ways we can help them comply:
- Teach them the importance of taking medications religiously as part of their home health care in Florida.
- Tell them the benefits of medicines to their health.
- Set a schedule or an alarm.
- Read the instructions carefully and explain in a way they can comprehend.
- Administer their medicine intake.
Through in-home care services, we can make a difference in the lives of our senior clients. We can correct misconceptions and educate them and their families about proper health practices.
TLC Nursing Registry promotes medication adherence and compliance. We aim for a holistic approach in our home care services for the elderly. That way, they will reach optimum wellness and understand the importance of treatment and medication on their health.